Beach bag do it yourself from the towel - master class
Going to the beach, do not forget to take a bottle of water, sunscreen and a swimsuit. And to bring all this will help hand-made beach bag, which in combination is also a rug!
Simple bag pattern
The self-made beach bag-rug is very practical: you can put sandwiches, tennis rackets and panama in it, and take out all the things - get a soft bedding. With it, you no longer need to carry huge heavy bags to the sea, turning rest into punishment.
The size of the product is universal - small children will fit on it completely, while high ones on the sand will have only legs up to the knee. If desired, measurements can be changed by yourself.
You will need 2 pieces of fabric - cotton and waterproof canvas - with parameters of 165 x 55 centimeters each, 4 foam or
foam bar 50x39 centimeters, tape cut or ribbons for pens 5 meters long.
- From tape or braid need to cut 6 five-centimeter lengths for loops.
- On the one side of the product (waterproof), on one side, sew patch pockets of the desired shape and size as desired. In the pattern they are not, but if you want to increase the functionality, you need to sew the pockets at this stage.
- Sew the loops in this way: 2 at the top, 2 at the bottom and 2 in the center at a distance of 25 centimeters from each other. This should be done also on the front.
- Attach 2 fabric cut "face" inside and zastrochite on 3 sides so that the dimensions match the pattern on the image - do not forget about the allowances. Leave one short side free.
- Remove the "cover", leaving the seams inside. Insert the foam pieces inside.
- Stitch the remaining edge with a secret seam, and then walk along the standard line between the foam rubber bars, separating them from each other.
- Thread the ribbon edges into the first 2 loops, run them under the bottom through the central loops and pull out from the back side through the remaining pair. Adjust the braid to the desired length, tie or stitch and cut off the excess.
A hand-made beach bag mat is ready!
Due to the non-standard design of the handles, the product is quite capacious - it can expand and contract.
Bag without a towel pattern
Of course, with a pattern, any beach bag is sewn very simply, but only if you understand them and know how to handle the machine. And how to sew a beach bag without a pattern?
The solution is - you need to use an old bath towel and pillow. Only with the condition: the towel should be thick and long (if there is none, take 2 identical ones, as in the master class), and the pillow should be narrower in size.
- Attach a pillow to the first towel to check the dimensions.
- Wrap a pillow in a towel so that you get a kind of "pocket". Edge pinch off and sew. Leave the bottom valve, which will sew the second part.
- Attach a piece of cotton fabric with a width of 10 centimeters to 1 more terry product. Measure out 2 pieces equal to the long side of the towel.
- Zagladite blanks as shown in the photo to get a tape - edge banding tape.
- Pip the edges of the long towel with a piping and sew it to the part with a pillow.
If desired, a handmade beach bag can be added with embroidered pockets.
- Cut out 2 long strips of the same width from the rest of the first towel.Bend them in half, making it even shorter, and sew separately from each other - these will be handles.
- Pin the blanks to the bag in a minimized form and check whether you are satisfied with their location. Sew on.
- In place of the fastener, fasten 2 buttons in the color of the work.
- On the other hand add loops - with the help of them and buttons and the product will be fastened.
A ready-made beach mat bag should not only be comfortable and functional - make it bright so that it will delight you every time you go to the sea.
The following video will tell how a roomy beach bag is sewn with your own hands: