Cocktails with mint: simple recipes
A hot summer day to quench your thirst is not easy: I want a refreshing taste, not cloying, with a light sour ... Here, a wonderful combination of lime and mint can come to the rescue. Such a green mix will bring coolness and freshness. Cocktails with peppermint are extremely popular, so it is worthwhile to learn a little more about their preparation.
Popularity of mint and lime in cocktails
Today we can say with confidence thatin any bar or cafe around the world you will be able to offer a cocktail or a dessert, which will include mint and lime. This popularity of this mix is easy to explain. Peppermint has a very fresh taste. It brings a sense of coolness and leaves a slight unobtrusive aftertaste. Lime adds a sour taste to this, which is not interrupted by excessive odor or sweetness. It is the green fruit that prefers the usual yellow lemon for making cocktails. First, it has a more intense sour taste. Secondly, lime does not have a characteristic citrus smell. Cocktails with mint and lime are a tradition of soft drinks. Finalize this combination each in its own way, depending on tastes and preferences.
In order to prepare a refreshing and healthysummer drink, do not need a lot of complex ingredients and intricate actions. Here are some tips on how to make simple mint and lime cocktails yourself:
- Mix 1 liter of clean water with 0.5 literscranberry mors. Add a few drops of peppermint essence or a handful of chopped fresh mint leaves. Drink to cool. Serve with an ice cube in a mint-decorated glass.
- Juice one lime mixed with chopped mint leaves and pour 1 liter of carbonated mineral water. Drink to cool and serve with ice. If desired, you can add a little sugar or honey.
- Green tea without additives to brew withcinnamon, lime and mint. After cooling, add honey to taste. Dilute water to the desired strength of the drink. After that, the tea should be cooled and served cold with ice cubes.
At home, you can easily make simple cocktails. They will not only quench their thirst on hot days, but will be much more useful than bought soft drinks.
If any person is asked to rememberalcoholic cocktails with mint and lime, then 99% of the respondents will call "Mojito". Indeed, this is a classic with which it is difficult to argue. Excellent cocktails are made by professional bartenders. But you can cook decent "Mojito" yourself. The technique is simple:
- From several branches of mint, separate the leaves. Wash them and put them on the bottom of a large glass. After that, they need to be kneaded well with a pestle from the mortar. If this is not possible, grind it well enough.
- For peppermint put 4 limes of lime, which must also be kneaded until the juice is isolated.
- Add 50 ml of white rum and 3 teaspoons of sugar.
- The remaining space in the glass is filled with crushed ice and gently mix it with the rest of the contents.
- Fill the glass with chilled mineral sparkling water or sprite.
To decorate such cocktail with mint and lime it is possible onyour taste. For example, bright tubes or umbrellas. You can improvise: add other juices from berries or fruits, use more or less alcohol. But the cooling mint flavor is the visiting card of this cocktail.
Smoothies and desserts
Cocktails with mint can be an excellent basefor summer desserts. The peculiarity of sweet dishes in hot season is that they are not too greasy and heavy. Smoothies with mint leave a pleasant feeling of coolness. The drink will save you from soggy and constant thirst. Smoothies and desserts with mint are quite easy to prepare. Here is a simple example of an interesting summer dish:
- It is necessary to mix 200 ml of lime juice and 300 ml of milk. Add 4 tablespoons of sugar to the mixture. Stir thoroughly with a blender.
- Then add 4 tablespoons of white ice cream to the mixture. Blend again with a blender.
- Spread smoothies over glasses or kremankam. Decorate with berries and sprigs of mint. Serve chilled.
Mint and lime are perfectly combined with any berries,fruits, ice cream, cottage cheese and milk. You can decorate such desserts with nuts and chocolate. Improvise, and your desserts will not only be light and refreshing, but also useful. Cocktails with mint are a great way to quench your thirst. In addition, you can enjoy a wonderful refreshing taste. And in combination of mint and lime with other drinks and products, even the most capricious gourmets can express their imagination and creativity.