Do-it-yourself dolls - learn to make motanka
Quality home-made toys are highly valued for their uniqueness and beautiful appearance. Therefore, recently the creation of dolls with their own hands has become a very popular hobby among needlewomen.
Beautiful dolls with their own hands can be not only a favorite toy, but also a great addition to the interior of your apartment. They have the positive energy of their masters and are considered a kind of amulet for the house in which they are located.
Soft pupae are considered the easiest for needlework - it is enough to have a pattern and a few pieces of cloth to quickly make a new toy for a child. Recently, a self-made doll made of kapron tights has become popular. However, there are many varieties of rag toys, which we consider in our article.
The progenitress of all modern toys. The way to create these dolls with their own hands has been used for several centuries.The peculiarity of such a toy is that it is not sewn, but wrapped with ribbons and threads.
The initial meaning of the motankas has been preserved to the present day: they are made as charms for the house and as talismans for good luck for travelers.
These toys appeared a little later motankov - in their structure, they are more like a person. They draw facial features or designate their buttons.
Such dolls resemble old toys of the 18th and early 20th centuries with disproportionate body parts and a simple manufacturing method. Hence the name of the product.
These dolls first appeared in medieval Europe. Their appearance resembles a human due to properly maintained proportions of the body, head and other parts of the body.
These dolls are sewn from soft material and with attractive features to make it pleasant for children to play with them.
Tilda appeared relatively recently - at the end of the twentieth century, it was invented in Norway.
The toy is characterized by disproportionately long and thin legs and arms. Externally, the doll resembles a modern fashionable housewife.
Here you can also include dolls made from socks and gloves with your own hands.Such products are created very quickly on the basis of unnecessary clothing. So you give a new life to old things.
The pupae have a disproportionate small body and a large head, cute features and large naive eyes.
This type of toy is also sewn very quickly due to the fact that the body does not need to be stitched or stuffed. It is enough to prepare the pattern of the glove of the desired color and attach the head and the knobs to it.
Young children love to play with such dolls, playing invented plays in an improvised puppet theater.
For soft dolls, they often make a wire frame with their own hands, which is later sheathed or inserted into a ready-made soft body.
At present, toys are also made from hard materials: they mold them out of papier-mâché and plastics with their own hands, and they cut them out of wood and foam. Such pupae keep their shape well, they can have moving parts: arms, head, legs, joints of hands and feet, and do not need a frame.
Soft dolls: master class
If you want to learn how to create dolls with your own hands, start with the simplest option - motanka. During its manufacture, you will need 2 pieces of white or flesh colored fabric, 1 bright piece of fabric for the dress and thread of the floss of the future doll's hair.
- Prepare a regular-shaped patch of cloth: 1 square white patch, 1 rectangular white piece, and 1 square of bright cloth.
- Begin to fold the square white fabric into a tube for later creating your own torso and head.
- Wrap a few loops of floss thread and lay them on each other.
- Cut the loops on both sides, leaving the loose ends of the threads.
- Put a cushion of white flap of fabric in front of you and tie it with the obtained floss threads in the middle.
- Fold the blank in half so that the knot of floss thread is under the fabric. Back off about one third of the fold and wrap the floss an even number of times - you get a head with hair.
- Take a smaller white piece of cloth and roll it into a roller. On both sides, tie a roller with a thread of floss, forming a doll with your own hands.
- Put your hands in the body of the doll.
- Tie the dolls body tightly around the hands. Apply cross-shaped threads.
- Fold a colored piece of fabric diagonally to form a triangle. In the middle of the fold, make 3 cuts - for the head and hands.
- Put the dress on the doll's blank.Tie girdle under your hands.
Due to the simplicity of creating such dolls, you can make your own hands together with children. Kids are happy to take the process of creating toys.
After mastering an easy workshop, try to sew a simple rag doll with your own hands. Instructions for creating it can be found in the following video tutorial.
When you learn to sew these simple models, you can move on to creating a more complex doll - from nylon pantyhose or cotton fabric with arms and legs.
Create a toy out of a soft-touch monotonous fabric. In this case, you will be able to decorate the body of a rag doll with the help of embroidery with ribbons, beads or rhinestones.