Exercises for adults and children with scoliosis, hernia and osteochondrosis, as well as for preventive purposes
Why do you need to strengthen the muscles of the back?
Despite the fact that the spine is a strong foundation of the body, it will not be able to serve us forever unless it is provided with timely protection. Regularly performing a set of special physical exercises, you can forget about the pain and enjoy life.
Exercises to strengthen the muscles of the back regularly perform a few. Most of the sufferers with a similar problem recall them only when a threat to their health is brewing. In general, workouts at home, aimed at strengthening the muscles of the back, neck, spine and in particular the lumbar region, are performed under the influence of enthusiasm. With a decrease in pain in the "problem" areas, they are usually forgotten.
How to prevent back pain?
If the area of the lumbar, pelvis and muscle tissue of the back is sufficiently developed, it reduces the risk of injury. Therefore it is worth regularly to prepare the back muscles forphysical activity. For this purpose, stretching exercises have been developed that will relieve tension and warm up the tissues. They are recommended to be carried out before carrying out the main training to avoid injuries. All prescriptions are designed for slow execution.
Perhaps many will be surprised, but this lesson is suitable not only for stretching, but also for strengthening the back, spine, lumbar. Starting position - lying on the floor. The legs should be bent at the knees, arms along the body. Then we begin to raise and straighten slowly 1 leg, holding it with your hands. Having detained it in such a position for 25-30 seconds, we lower it and do the second one. For each limb you need to do 2 times.
Strength training designed to increase the tone and strengthen the muscles of the back, stabilize the spine, develop abdominal muscles.
- Twisting. Starting position: lying on the floor with arms stretched along the body and legs bent at the knees, pulled slightly to the buttocks. Taking the necessary position, it is necessary to ensure that the pelvis and the lumbar region are tightly pressed against the floor so that a back arch does not form. Having taken the starting position, you need to raise your head and shoulders until the shoulder blades come off the floor, and, lingering for 5-10 seconds, lower. Repeat the gestures will need 10 times.
- Oblique twisting - exercises that perfectly strengthen the trunk of the spine and the oblique muscles of the back. Starting position: lying on the floor also as described above. It is necessary to raise the arms and direct them straight, with the shoulders reaching first to the thigh of the left leg, then dropping to the floor, reaching to the thigh of the right leg.
- A simple and effective exercise - "Superman", which is carried out without burdening. It is enough to take a starting position, lying on the floor, face down and take a superhero pose, while keeping tension in the gluteus muscles, neck and lumbar spine.When performing body movements, it is necessary to try to raise arms, shoulders, and head as high as possible and maintain this position for about 5-10 seconds.
As a preventive complex, you can perform the exercises, which introduces the following video.
Wellness complex for diseases
It is important to perform exercises that are directed at once to several muscle groups and allow you to strengthen different parts of the spine. This will help complex exercise therapy, designed to perform in various diseases (osteochondrosis, scoliosis, lumbar hernia or neck).
If you have such an unpleasant disease as intervertebral hernia, then at the initial stage, doctors must prescribe a complex of exercises that strengthen the back muscles and normalize blood supply in the tissues. Complex exercise therapy for intervertebral hernia is a mandatory part of therapy.
With a hernia localized in the neck, exercise therapy includes exercises that can be performed at home by standing straight with arms straight down or sitting on a chair with a straight back:
- Turn your head slowly alternately left and right 5 times, applying maximum effort.
- Perform 10 times lowering the head to the chest, trying to touch her chin.
- Slowly throw your head back 10 times, trying to pull your chin up.
For hernia, which is located in the lumbar region and is one of the most common, basic exercises should be performed to strengthen the back muscles. They consist in raising the torso from a position lying on the floor on the abdomen and resting their feet against the wall or another surface. In general, exercise therapy for hernia, osteochondrosis, scoliosis and other diseases of the spine should be carried out under the supervision of a physician.
Wellness preventive complex classes for kids
For children, a special technique has also been developed that allows developing muscle tissue, flexibility of the joints and the spine from early childhood. They are designed for kids of different age groups. And, according to experts, it is recommended that special exercises of physical therapy be carried out with your child, starting at the age of 6 months.
In addition to activities with the child complex exercise therapy, aimed at the development and strengthening of a small body, it is important to do an additional massage.In infancy, it allows children to develop strong muscles in the neck and lumbar region. As the baby grows up, the massage will help prepare the tissues for the upcoming exercise. In general, a health complex of occupations, which is intended for the development of a strong spine and prevention of diseases, should be compiled by a doctor.
If you want to “protect yourself and children in the future from back problems and discomfort, which tend to spoil life significantly with osteochondrosis, scoliosis, hernia and other spinal diseases, you should perform exercises at home regularly to strengthen it. A wellness complex, which a doctor will help you to make, will not only relieve you of the existing problems, but will also significantly improve the quality of life. Forgetting about the pain in your back, neck or lumbar region, you can feel in excellent physical shape.