How to check the video card for operation?
Helps the CPU to outputthe image on the monitor is basically a video card. This "technical detail" of the computer is equipped with its own RAM and graphics processor. The processor for displaying graphics on the monitor is designed specifically for instant creation of 3D images. Verify the health of the video card is simple, the main thing is to know how to check the graphics card for operability. This requires both a computer with a video card and a special program, for example ATITool.
- When verifying that the video card is functioning correctly, it is necessary to analyze how correctly the GPU works, the built-in cooling systems and whether there are any errors in the video memory.
- A special utility for testing a video card ATIToolconsiderably simplify the decision of a question, concerning how to check whether the video card is working, and allows to reveal its internal malfunctions in the most simple way. The principle of the utility is based on the generation of a small hairy cube in a special window. Rendering such a cube is a difficult task for the graphics processor of the video card, creating a decent load for it. The load determines the problems with cooling, malfunctions in the graphics chip, weak contacts of the graphics processor or other segments of the video card with the board.
- To display a rotating cube on the screen, you must run the ATITool test and click the "Show 3D view" button.
- When conducting a test, it is necessary to monitor the temperaturevideo card. At the beginning of the work, the temperature of the GPU can fluctuate within the range of 60-75 degrees and during testing not exceed 85 degrees. Exceeding the temperature limit indicates a bad contact of the chip with the cooling radiator. The test should be stopped immediately and the thermal paste should be renewed between the cooling radiator and the chip.
- If a yellow point appears on the generated cubecolor, it means that the video card failed during the image generation process. There are 3 yellow points-video card works fine; the number of points to 10, then there are problems with power supply. When the number of yellow points exceeds 10, the device has serious internal problems.
- The Video Memory stress Test can alsouseful for those who decided to learn how to check the soundness of the video card. This program checks the memory of the video card bit by bit, and also reveals problems in the background. It runs Video Memory stress Test, using video memory access via DirectX. Such a method will allow the tester to check not only video cards with their own video memory, but also to assess the consistency and quality of the memory of integrated video cards working through the computer's RAM. The program is started by pressing the "Start" button. The data in the "Journal" field are not errors and are intended for reference.