How to learn to choose high-quality linens
Over the centuries, linen, which made the bed, became a necessary attribute of a healthy and comfortable sleep, and not a luxury item. In a dream, a person spends a third of his life, so you need to learn to distinguish good bedding. It will be in contact with the body all night and therefore should be as comfortable as possible, but not everyone knows how to choose good bedding. Let's figure it out together.
What is the best material for bedding?
Home textiles in our time is made of virtually any material and each person can choose a set that they like. However, there are matters that have been recognized worldwide.
Chintz is recognized as the most common material for sewing bedding for daily use. It is quite inexpensive and does not require special care.The minus of this fabric is that it wears out quickly (it lasts for 60 - 70 washes).
Bed linen for children, for example, made from coarse calico. It is durable and pleasant to the body fabric, with proper care, it can last for many years. With all its advantages, it is quite inexpensive. Enough for 300 - 400 washes.
Linen sleeping accessories are incredibly pleasant to the touch, elegant and durable. They are comfortable to relax and the heat of the heat and cold winters. Flax, by itself, serves as a natural antiseptic - inhibits pathogenic microbes. But this fabric is hard to care for. She quickly crumpled and poorly ironing. For ease of use, manufacturers often add synthetic fibers to it. Such sets are enough for 200 - 300 washes (several years).
Silk bedding always looks romantic and beautiful. Provided, of course, that it is made of expensive material (especially valued Japanese silk). Such products are very expensive, but they can work wonders. Silk is perfect in the heat and cold. Its structure is such that it passes air remarkably and can regulate the temperature of the sleeper, starting from external conditions.In addition, high-quality silk fabric will take care of your hairstyle - her hair is not confused.
Silk bedding requires special care and it is necessary to wash it only with hands or dry clean and dry to protect it from direct sunlight.
If you are determined to indulge yourself with the purchase of a silk set, you should choose only high quality (such a product will last 5 years). And Chinese and Turkish cheap silk is rather short-lived and unpleasant for the body - it slips, flows and instantly becomes covered with puffs.
Learning to distinguish a quality product from a fake
Good bedding must meet certain criteria. The following rules will help you choose a quality product:
smell the smell of the kit (it must not smell of mold or paint)
- look at the seams of the product - they must be done carefully and the colors of the thread must match the color of the fabric
acquire only dense fabric - it can be seen with the naked eye
- feel the canvas (its texture should completely suit you)
- bedding for children must be made from a single piece of fabric and not have suture connections in the middle
- If you like embroidery or lace on the set you like, check them for convenience. They should not scratch the skin. To do this, it is enough to choose the place of junction of lace and fabric and hold it on the back of the hand.
- try to avoid too bright colors (chances are that the color fades over time). The saturation of the colors of the front should not be very different from the inside
- Pay attention to product packaging. Diligent manufacturers do not usually save on packaging material and annotations
- check fabric density. This can be done by looking at the light through the material. Sparse tissue will serve very little.
How often do I need to change bedding sets?
It is recommended to change the bed every ten days, and in hot time or during illness, this interval should be halved. The best temperature for washing is 60 degrees - when it dies microbes and does not shed the paint on the fabric. To dry home textiles should be in the fresh air - ultraviolet disinfects the fabric additionally.
Thanks to this article, you learned how to choose bed linen - when buying, you should mark not only the shape and color, but also on all of the above items.
Below is a video that explains in detail the benefits of certain types of fabric for bedding.