How to make a home cream?
Fashion for everything natural is firmly in oura life. Increasingly, people switch to tooth powders instead of pastas, are interested in the actions of oils, order soap nuts to replace powders and choose products marked "Organic" and "BIO". Since the market is filled with pseudo-natural cosmetics, nothing remains, how to learn this craft itself. Today, let's talk about how to make a home face cream for your face.
Definition of skin type
Before you start making a cream,determine your skin type. Carefully study the information and always remember that even oily skin can sometimes be dry, and dry - shine greasy shine. After you have determined your skin type, start picking up the oils. It is better to write oils for your skin type on a separate sheet, then in case of what to replace one another. Despite the fact that two different oils will help one type of skin, none of them will have the same composition and act the same. All oils are different.
There are the following types of skin:
- Oily skin. For oily skin, Babassu oil, grape seeds or jojoba may suit.
- Thin and sensitive. The oils of apricot and peach bones are good, almond oil is true, it can cause skin peeling, but this is all individually.
- Normal skin. It suits grape seed oil, sesame oil and safflower oil.
- Dry skin. Wheat germ oil, olive oil and avocado oil will cope well with nutrition and hydration. Keep in mind that most oily oils for dry skin are comedogenic. Therefore, choose for yourself the oil that nourishes, moisturizes and does not clog pores. The effect of oils individually.
Cream Preparation: Phase
When preparing a face cream, three phases are used:
- Oily. Oils can be in the cream 15-45% depending on what kind of cream you make. In light emulsions, you can add 10%, and in fatty winter creams for dry skin you need up to 60%. Everything is very individual.
- Water. Water or hydrolyte in the cream can be up to 80%.
- Assets. Usually they are not more than 8%, otherwise burns, an allergy or something else unpleasant are possible.
Selection of assets
The most important part in preparing for cookingcream - selection of assets. This occupation is more difficult than the choice of oils, because assets, it happens, do not combine with each other or with emulsifiers, which ultimately gives the separation of the cream into two phases. It looks, to put it mildly, not very aesthetically.
How to choose the right assets:
- Define with the emulsifier. Choose it according to the parameters that meet your needs, for example, vegetable origin or powder effect in the end.
- When traveling on the Internet, find and write down assets that are not at all friendly with your emulsifier. Usually there are not more than five.
- If you have decided where you will buy ingredients, go to the section where the assets or components for cosmetics are presented.
Now that you have determined the skin type andemulsifier, it's time to study the assets. Do not forget that the first few times you will study the emulsifier, create different consistencies and find out how it combines with different percentages of the oils in the base. Only after you have found the ideal consistency, it is worth adding assets, but not earlier, otherwise it will result in an empty translation of the product. When the ideal proportions of components are determined, it's time to make a home face cream.
Preparation of home cream
- Take two glass jars of the same length.
- Add the components in them in the right amount. Keep in mind that in one jar there must be water or a hydrolyte, in the other - oil and an emulsifier.
- Put the components of the future cream in a water bath.
- Watch the temperature with a thermometer so that the emulsifier dissolves to the end. You can find information about the dissolution time of the emulsifier.
- When the emulsifier has dissolved and water with oil of steel of one temperature, pour the oil phase to the water phase, whisking it all with a cappuccinator.
- After you get a homogeneous mass, butstill liquid, continue to interfere. It will be nice if you put a jar with a future cream in cold water. As the temperature cools, the cream will thicken and become more and more white.
- When the cream becomes slightly warm, add assets, preservative, transfer to a sterile jar and put in the refrigerator.
The shelf life of such creams is 5-6 weeks.
Recipes for home creams
After the preparation has been passed, it is possible to start making the cream according to the recipes:
Recipe for a cream for oily skin (50 ml.):
- 80% water
- 15% of oils
- 5% of assets
Recipe for normal skin cream (50 ml.):
- 70% water
- 25% of oils
- 5% of assets
Recipe for dry skin cream (50 ml):
- 60% water
- 35% of oils
- 5% of assets
Do not forget to look at the instructions for the assets andemulsifiers! It is in them you can learn about how much emulsifier to put in the cream and at what point of cooking, whether this or that component is warm or good for the cold, as well as other information.