How to make useful things from old clothes?
Case for phone
If you have torn old, but very high-quality and favorite jeans, you do not have to part with them forever - the most interesting and practical crafts are made of dense and beautiful fabric.
In particular, you can create a good case for a mobile phone or even a tablet with your own hands. To decorate it, you can create flowers from a similar material, but it would be much better if you find jeans of alternative colors. Thanks to this, your flowers will look bright and fresh, as well as attract attention to themselves.
The process of making a cover:
- Arrange your jeans in such a way as to get a canvas of considerable width. To give it an original look, you can cut the trouser leg not along the seam, but in an arbitrary place, of course, it will be somewhat harder to work with such a piece of fabric, but the result is worth the effort.
- Place the electronic device on the surface of future crafts and measure about 2-3 cm from its edges, outlining a rectangle. Remove the phone and draw a completely identical box below.To make a valve with your own hands, below, draw a third rectangle of similar width, but with a height of 5-7 cm.
- Cut the resulting pattern for crafts and lay it on the table in front of you. Three sides must be sewn overlapped with a strong coarse thread. It is advisable to choose a shade that contrasts with the color of the fabric, although most prefer black or gray tonality.
- Glue the seams with hot glue for fabric. To do this, you will need a special tool in the form of an electric gun working with solid rods.To prevent the valve cover from becoming tattered, sew it along the edge of the thread, trying to make as thick stitches as possible.
- At the end of the craftwork, apply hot glue to the thread, and in the middle of the valve we wash a button or a button to fix.
You can make your own flowers for decoration cover:
- It is necessary to cut out from jeans five identical circles with a diameter of about 3-5 cm.
- In the photo on the Internet, you can see various ways of attaching them, but the best way would be to put them together, forming “petals” and flash them at the point of contact of all five.
- In order to better fix such flowers, it is worth applying a drop of hot glue to the place of connection. With the help of such a high-strength adhesive agent, it is possible to fold the circles, imitating the bending of the petals.
If you are not very fond of flowers used for decoration, the case can be decorated with buttons, zippers, as well as multi-colored fabric stripes.
For the manufacture of such an original accessory you will need at least 2/3 of the fabric, which is dressed on the spokes of an umbrella.
The stages of making crafts:
- First you need to remove it from the metal or plastic frame, carefully making sure that its protruding parts do not damage the canvas, which is useful in creating crafts.
- Lay an umbrella on the wedges of the fabric and select the most interesting ones by color or pattern. In addition, it is desirable to immediately postpone the torn, frayed, and badly worn pieces, so as not to impair the appearance of the future bag.
- Decide what will be the size of the bag and multiply the indicator of its length by 2.25 - just such a piece of fabric you will need for the formation of crafts.
- Fold the wedges together, alternating the location of the vertex. It is necessary to sew them with your own hands, using a thread to match the fabric from which the double stitch is made.
- When the segment is completely ready, carefully smooth it out with an iron set to a low temperature.
- Sew the bag, forming a bottom width of 15-20 cm - the same length of fabric will go to the sidewall, for which we have provided a small margin.
It remains to put their own jewelry to match your artistic tastes. You can use flowers made according to the principle described above, as well as a variety of beads, silk ribbons, beads and much more.
Jeans can even sew such interesting things as decorative pillows. They will be an excellent decoration of the bedroom, living room or even the kitchen. You will need at least two pairs of old pants made of thick fabric, which will vary in color.
- Spread them and cut into strips of 2-3 cm wide, which will be used later to create crafts.In addition, cut a small geometric shape, for example, a circle, square or triangle, from which you will begin to form the surface of the product. Start making crafts from the center, sewed strips in a spiral, gradually increasing the size of the resulting canvas.
- As soon as you realize that you have enough fabric to create a pillow, cut off the excess edges and sheathe them in long, straight stripes to form the correct square.
- Now duplicate the surface of your crafts. For the other side of the product, you can slightly change the pattern to give it an original look.
- Sew the edges on three sides and be sure to glue the obtained seams with a hot adhesive material for the fabric so that the filler does not crawl out of the pillow. If between stitches remain fairly large distances, it is worth using in the manufacture of crafts double seams.
- On the fourth side, you need to sew a zipper, which will allow you to remove the filler to replace it or to wash the obtained decorative textile product.
- To give the pillow volume, it is better to use a synthetic material, such as fiber, which does not absorb moisture.
It remains only to put decorations on the craft. However, do not immediately sew traditional flowers - they will not look very appropriate on a pillow. It would be best if you add such decorative elements as:
- metal buckles;