How to quickly eliminate the unpleasant smell in the refrigerator
What is your favorite household appliance in the kitchen? Well, of course, the refrigerator - the vast majority of our fellow citizens will answer this way (we exclude those who are on a diet).
So it pulls into this store of delicious food and sneaks a piece of sausage or cheese. And in hot weather, get a bottle of cool water and refresh yourself with pleasure.
But, probably, everyone faced with an unpleasant situation - you open the refrigerator and ... then you quickly shut the door. The smell is nasty and repulsive! Where did he come from and what to do with it?
Causes of unpleasant smell in the refrigerator
First, strong smells can emit a new fridge. Products with such a technical "flavor" should not be soaked, you have to get rid of it.
Wash your product with warm water and ordinary baking soda, you can use the detergent inside, outside, without forgetting the back wall and the freezer. Then wipe dry and air for several hours.
Important: if the refrigerator chosen by you in the store has too strong, sharp smell, consider whether it is worth taking this particular copy.Most likely, manufacturers in order to save used cheap low-quality materials. Do you need it? You do not buy the thing for one year, besides your food will be stored there.
It is much easier to care for modern refrigerators - they are equipped with a convenient system of automatic defrosting of the No Frost refrigerator. You only need to defrost the freezer.
How often - depends on the overgrown "snow coat." Often you look into the freezer - the frost will form faster. When it prevents you from getting food, you will have to defrost and wash the camera.
Bad smell in the fridge can spread stale foods. Bacteria begin to multiply in them, and an unpleasant amber appears inside. Long forgot about some kind of jar or package - and here you are. The audit in your refrigerator should be carried out regularly, preferably once every few days, and ruthlessly throw away everything that is suspicious.
Often the source of the stench are chicken eggs.The foul one got caught up - you can't immediately determine it, and the smell is gradually seeping through the shell.
Why else in the refrigerator smells bad? They did not notice that the packaging of the purchased products was not very clean, and they placed the goods on the shelf - an unpleasant smell is guaranteed. Perhaps something spilled, dripped, and you rubbed it not too carefully. It seems inside is clean, and the smell of revolts.
Some products themselves have a specific flavor, you will keep them open, poorly packaged - they will soak all the food. Cake with the smell of smoked fish - fi, somehow unappetizing.
A nasty smell can also arise in the event of a long shutdown (the home appliance has broken, you have left for a vacation, there has been no light for a long time). Returning from vacation, you can even find mold in the refrigerator.
The reasons for the smell are different, but the result is that it is unacceptable to inhale horrible aromas, and the refrigerator will have to be washed thoroughly.
What and how to wash the refrigerator
Unplug the appliance, unload the products, remove shelves, drawers and pallets. After defrosting you can start washing. What tools are suitable?
- You can use the usual dishwashing liquid, as an option - a special tool for the refrigerator.Add it to the water, thoroughly wash the walls, the door, clean the drain. (Do not know how? The instructions are written.) Once again, wash everything with clean water and wipe dry. (Seals are washed with plain water without any additives.)
- Naturally, do the same with pallets, shelves and drawers. Everything that you put in the fridge - cans, containers, pots, bottles, must also be clean.
- Wash the refrigerator well with a solution of ordinary baking soda (2 tablespoons per liter of water). Soda kills bacteria and eliminates bad odor.
- You can use a solution of vinegar (1 tablespoon per liter of water).
- If you have worked in good faith, and the smell has remained, try to do this: dilute a spoonful of ammonia in a liter of water and wipe it inside.
- Helps fight amber activated carbon. You need to take 20-30 tablets, grind them, put in a saucer and hold at least a day on the shelf of the refrigerator.
- Your great helper in dealing with unpleasant odors is lemon. Add some lemon juice to the water and rinse the inside of the home appliance. And also cut the sour fruit in half and leave in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
- It absorbs extraneous odors baking soda in cardboard packaging.After a couple of months, throw it away and replace it with a new one.
- You can arrange in the refrigerator orange peel, slices of rye bread. Ground coffee is also suitable, it also fights well with unnecessary odors.
Is it possible to prevent unpleasant smell in the refrigerator
For these purposes, use the experience of our grandmothers, and the novelties of the market - all sorts of air purification systems.
If you are a supporter of naturalness, it is better to use food absorbents. Rice grains will fit on a silver platter, open containers of salt and sugar, herbs and spices with a strong aroma: tarragon, basil, cloves, thyme, cinnamon.
Those who prefer progressive ideas may purchase an odor absorber for the refrigerator or an ionizer cleaner. These gizmos help fight the strongest odors, destroy bacteria and even ionize the insides of your home appliance.
Important: the unpleasant smell in the refrigerator not only causes discomfort of your sense of smell, it is dangerous. After all, they are soaked with all the products inside. Not long and poisoned with such food. In addition, the cultivation of harmful bacteria in the home appliance is hardly your goal.
How to store food in the refrigerator
- Packaging and packaging for products must be clean!
- Sausages are recommended to be stored in paper bags so that they “breathe”.
- Cheese and butter are placed in plastic, ceramic or glass containers.
- The dishes you have prepared are best preserved in an enamel pot, under a tightly closed lid, and also in food containers.
- You can pack the finished products in food foil or film.
- Open cans shift in glass containers.
- Closed home canning is not advised to keep in the refrigerator, as the banks clutter the space and do not allow the air to circulate normally inside. Store them in the pantry.
- Ladles and spoons are not left in pots with ready-made food, this dish spoils.
- Meat and fish in the freezer store in bags, cut into portions.
- In the “zero camera” refrigerators, it is good to store perishable foods - greens, fresh vegetables, seafood.
The main thing in food storage in the refrigerator is proper packaging, which protects against the spread of its odor and absorption of foreign flavors.
In order not to have to give up all the forces to fight the unpleasant amber in your refrigerator, it is wiser to simply not allow it to appear. Keep track of the freshness of the products and ready meals, keep them as they should be, keep them clean - and then no odor will spoil your mood and appetite.