How to turn off the laptop. Everyone should know this!
Not all laptop owners know how to correctlyturn off the device. Many of them believe that it is enough to close the lid. But this is not so! In this article we will talk about ways to turn off the laptop with any operating system and under different circumstances.
Not everyone knows that after closing the laptop coverwill go into the standby mode. But in order to completely turn it off, this is not enough. It is important to keep the information and not lose the process of work, and for this you need to know how to turn off the laptop correctly. Even a child can understand this.
How to turn off the laptop. A simple way
Any computer user, no doubt,course of such elementary things as the completion of work. Turning off the laptop is no different from turning off the computer. To do this, just click the "Start" button in the left corner of the screen and select "Shutdown".
In Windows XP and Windows 7, this process is the same:
- First, you must close all programs and windows, and turn off USB devices, such as speakers, scanners, printers, etc. Unlock the drive and remove the flash drive.
- After that, you can click the "Start" button and click "Shutdown".
- After the screen goes blank and the laptop stops making noise, you can close the lid.
How to turn off the laptop in Windows 8. Several ways
So, with Windows 7 everything is very clear.But many laptop users with new operating systems are confused, because the usual "Start" button is simply not in place. And the system interface is very different from previous versions.
There are about a dozen different ways, liketurn off the laptop in Windows 8.1. The simplest of them is to open the hidden panel by moving the mouse cursor to the right side of the monitor. Then choose "Shutdown" and "Shutdown". You should know that this panel is opened and by pressing the Win + I keys. This method is standard, and for advanced users it may seem boring.
Another method is to turn off the screenblocking. This is necessary when the user has started the laptop and realized that at the moment it is not going to work for him. In this method of shutdown there is nothing complicated, since it is identical to the previous one. You must press the shutdown button and select the desired action. The lock screen can be called up by pressing the Win + L keypad.
Less known ways to turn off the laptop
The developers of Windows have worked hard to ensure that users have a lot of opportunities, like turning off the laptop.
Briefly about those methods that are unknown to many computer scientists:
- Switching off with the Alt + F4 keys. When you click this combination, a system update window appears with a suggestion to shut down.
- Shutdown via the command line, which is opened by pressing the keys Win + R. In the window that appears, write the command shutdown / s.
- Shutdown using the additional Start menu, which can be accessed by pressing the Win + X keys. Further, as in the standard method, it remains to select the desired items.
- Turn off the laptop on a schedule.The method is fairly simple and it is not difficult even for a beginner to understand it. To turn off the laptop every day at the same time (for example, at 00:00), you need to call the command line (Win + R) and enter the following command:
Schtasks.exe / Create / RL Highest / TN Shutdown / SC Daily / ST 23: 57 / TR "% WINDIR% system32shutdown.exe / s / t 180 / c.
Here, the number 180 indicates the seconds before shutdown. In this case, 3 minutes (180 seconds) is set.
To stop the schedule, enter the following phrase in the command line: shutdown / a. This command cancels the shutdown schedule.
- Turn off the laptop through the shortcut.What it is and how to create, every user knows. A shortcut can be placed in a convenient place and when you double-click on it, the gadget will turn off. On the command line, enter shutdown / s / t0, where 0 is the time to shutdown, which you can set at your discretion.
How to turn off the laptop, if it hovers?
It happens that during operation the system unexpectedlyceases to react. This may be due to the hang of a particular program or Windows itself. In this case, you should try to turn off the laptop through the combination Ctrl + Alt + Delete. This opens a menu with a choice of actions. If the program is hung, then you need to select the task manager and finish it. Then make the shutdown in the usual way. If you need to immediately turn off the laptop, you should select the already familiar "Shutdown" button.
When the system hangs tight and does not respondeven on the above-described combination of keys, the shutdown is possible only in one way, hard. To do this, hold the power key for a few seconds and the notebook will turn off.
Turn off the laptop with the latest version of the OS installed
To date, the newest operatingthe system is Windows 10. And most users have already switched to its use. There are no special ways how to turn off the laptop on Windows 10. To do this, it is sufficient to use one of the methods described in this article.