How to wash the pillow?
The quality of sleep is largely influenced by the pillow, whichmust be cleaned from time to time. But it is important to know how to do it correctly, so as not to damage the pillow. About how to wash a pillow from a feather, a bamboo and a holofayber, you will learn further.
How to wash a feather pillow
The most popular pillow for decades is considered to be one made of down and feathers. You can erase such a product in two ways.
Hand wash the pillow
- Look at the feather pillow, then pour the feathers into a previously prepared basin with soapy water. Leave all this for 2 hours.
- During this time, prepare a new napernik of the necessary size. It is better to use a cloth for this.
- Then flush the feathers under running water withusing a large colander. Be sure to smell them. If the feathers still have an unpleasant smell, then soak them again in soapy water for a few hours, and then rinse.
- Wash the feathers in a new napernik and leave to dry in the sun for a couple of days.
Machine wash pad
The down pillow can be washed in the washing machine.
- First of all it is required to prepare several naperniki of small sizes. On them lay the fluff and feathers from the old pillow.
- Then put 2 napernik in the drum machine and run a delicate mode at a temperature of 60 degrees.
- In the same way, wash the remaining naperniki,and then hang them to dry completely in the sun. Usually it takes several days. If the rainy weather is on the street, be sure to put a pillow in the room. Remember that the room should not be too wet.
How to wash a cushion from a holofiber
If you have pillows from the holofiber, keep in mindmind that their washing should be done manually. Quite often on the labels of such products you can see that the manufacturer allows machine washing, but it is after it that the filler is knocked into lumps. As a result, sleeping on the pillow becomes uncomfortable, and it has to be thrown out. To properly wash the product manually from the holofiber, you must act in this way:
- Collect warm water in the basin. It is necessary that she filled it to the middle.
- Add a mild detergent to the liquid - a normal shampoo for hair can act as a liquid.
- Dip into the resulting composition of the pillow, make sure that it is completely impregnated with the liquid, and then leave it for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pillow from the pelvis, rinse it under running water, wring out and leave to dry in a ventilated place.
How to wash a cushion of bamboo
Manufacturers of bamboo pillows recommend washing them at least once a quarter. You can do this manually or with the help of a typewriter.
In a bowl with warm water, put the gratedlaundry soap. It is necessary that it is completely dissolved there, as a result of which you will get a soapy composition. Put a pillow in it and leave it for 1 hour. Then carefully rinse the product and leave to dry in the sun.
If you decide to choose this method, then putpillow in the napernik in the drum machine. Set the delicate mode, set the temperature at 30-40 degrees and pour in the liquid sparing detergent. Do not use ordinary washing powder for this, otherwise there is a risk of spoiling bamboo fibers. When the pillow is washed, you need to set an additional mode "Rinse", and after washing hang the pillow to dry in the sun.
When washing the pillows, observe the following precautions:
- Do not use bleach.
- Do not iron the pillow to speed up the drying process, as this will only lead to damage to the product.
- When washing the pillows in the car, do not use high temperature conditions.
- If after washing on the napernik there are pollution, soak it separately from the filler, and then put it in the machine for 30-50 minutes.
- If you have a dryer, then you can leave it in a washed pillow at a temperature of no higher than 30 degrees.
- Do not use powders with a high content of alkaline components for washing.
Additional tips on this topic can be found in our article - How to Wash Pillows.