Information for pets: how and what to feed nursing cats
Your pet-cat gave birth to kittens? During this period, she will need even more care from you. First of all, the owners should give proper attention to the diet of their pet. After all, she is now a nursing mother. In order for kittens to grow and develop well, the menu of your pets should be high in calories and varied. Let's talk about what to feed your nursing cats in this article. Study the information provided to know how to organize the proper nutrition of the four-fingered pet, so that she and her children feel well.
How much should I feed the cat during lactation?
In the period of feeding the kittens their mother is restrictedin the amount of food you can not. If she had three or more babies, then she was not afraid of obesity. All calories will go to milk production. The amount of food should even be increased 2-3 times. In the food should be a sufficient protein content. Otherwise, the nursing cat will quickly lose its weight, milk will be produced little, which can lead to a weakening of its health and the death of the kittens from hunger.
It should be noted that on the first day after childbirthyour fluffy pet can give up food. Do not panic if the nursing cat does not eat a day or two. There are reasons for this. First, it is postpartum stress. The newly mummy needs to get used to the fact that she has children, to establish contact with them and the process of feeding. Secondly, in the first day in a cat after childbirth, indigestion can occur. This is due to the fact that she ate during the lambing. In this case, solder it with boiled water or a decoction of rice. If the cat does not eat more than two days after delivery, consult a veterinarian for advice.
How to feed nursing cats?
Let's talk in more detail about what foods should be included in the ration of food for larvae during lactation.
- Dry food. Continue to feed the cat with the same food that was given to her during pregnancy. Gradually enter into the menu a dry mixture for lactating, replacing it with the previous one. Do not limit the nursing cat in this type of food. Dry food should always be present in the bowl.
- Meat and fish products. If the cat has had a good birth, the stool and digestion are normal, then in its menu you can enter raw and boiled meat and fish.
- Dairy. Many animal lovers, deciding what to feed the nursing cats, decide that they need to give them a lot of milk. This is a misconception. The amount of milk drunk on the quality of lactation is not affected. Let the menu be diverse. Give the cat a little milk, cottage cheese and cream.
- Egg. During the feeding period of the kittens, feed the mullet with the raw yolk of quail eggs twice a week.
- Kasha in the menu of a nursing cat should be presentcertainly. The main thing is to monitor her digestion. If the chair is thin, offer your favorite rice or buckwheat porridge. For constipation, it is recommended to give oatmeal.
- Vegetables and fruits in a boiled or raw form you needalso give to the cat during lactation. But not every animal loves them and will eat them. So do not worry if the mother cat refuses this kind of food.
What to feed your nursing cats, you already know. Let's talk about drinking. Clean filtered or boiled water should be in the bowl always. Change it daily.
In the first days after childbirth, you can drink Murka with a raspberry broth (1 small spoon per day). This helps to strengthen immunity and restore strength.
If during the lactation period the cat has constipation, let it often warm milk with a few drops of vegetable oil. When diarrhea is recommended rice decoction.
That's all the advice on what to feed your nursing cats.