Quiz: Will you be able to distinguish between harmful and harmless?
Do popular health myths have power over you? Take this cognitive test and find out what false beliefs about harmful and harmless it is time to give up.
What is harmful and what is useful?
Answer the questions based on your own knowledge. Answers and exposing the myths are waiting for you at the end of the article!
1) Is it right not to wash with a cold?
- Yes, washing can worsen the course of the disease.
- You can wash, but only under certain conditions.
- Myth! Wash will never hurt.
2) Are GMO products dangerous?
- Of course, such products cause malfunctions in genetics and cancer tumors occur.
- Evidence of the dangers of GMOs did not appear.
- Points of view are different, but it is better not to risk it.
3) Should I use palm oil, is it harmful?
- Heat-treated palm oil - harmless.
- Harmful, of course, is a well-known fact.
- Ordinary oil, which in moderation can be safely consumed.
4) Is gluten dangerous?
- Such a marketing ploy is designed for us to buy more expensive gluten-free products.
- Yes, the damage to gluten has already been proven.
5) Are electronic cigarettes harmful to health?
- Do not harm them for this and come up with.
- Yes, they are not much better than regular cigarettes.
6) Is it possible to sunbathe in the solarium?
- If you tan in a tanning bed, you can get skin cancer.
- Of course, there is nothing terrible here - the direct rays of the sun are even more harmful.
7) Reading in the dark spoils the eyesight. Is it true?
- Yes, if you often read in the dark, the vision will lose its sharpness.
- It is not true that weak light does not affect the quality of vision.
8) Is it better to reheat food in the oven or microwave?
- Definitely in the oven.
- In the microwave is more useful.
See the next page for the correct answers.
1) 2; 2) 2; 3) 3; 4) 1; 5) 2; 6) 1; 7) 2; 8) 3.
It is also necessary to wash during a cold and clean the skin, the main thing is to avoid extremes, that is, not to overcool and not to overheat. Therefore, it is recommended not to take a bath, but to confine ourselves to a brief warm shower with a water temperature within 34-37 degrees. After a shower, you need to quickly dry yourself and get dressed, avoiding the temperature drop in the rooms.
Our cognitive health test will debunk the myths about genetically modified products: contrary to popular horror stories, no research has ever been able to confirm the danger of GMOs. And the most interesting thing is that there are practically no such products on the Russian market, so the “Without GMO” label is just a trick designed to attract customers.
Myths about health and what is harmful and what is useful also touched palm oil - and in fact it is an ordinary oil. Its energy value is not lower than other fats and oils, namely 9 kcal, in addition, it contains a lot of useful substances, which, however, can be lost during refining. But the danger of its use does not constitute.
- Perhaps, having passed such a cognitive health test, you will no longer refuse to eat gluten-free food. In fact, gluten is a valuable protein of plant origin, which is normally absorbed by the body. Gluten can be dangerous only for those who are allergic to it.
- Health myths also extend to e-cigarettes: smokers think that this is how they harm their bodies less. It is believed that the electronic cigarette is less harmful than ordinary, but it still contains nicotine.Moreover, their production is still not standardized, so other toxic substances may be contained in cigarette fluids.
- This is perhaps the easiest question that our cognitive test could offer you - or do you still not know how harmful tanning beds are for your health? Ultraviolet irradiation causes accelerated aging of the skin and the appearance of melanomas, and the worst - contributes to a high risk of developing cancer.
- In fact, our eyes are able to adapt to the very different lighting and even to the dark. Therefore, a weak artificial light will not be a hindrance here and will not spoil the eyesight, although the eyes may get tired more than usual when reading.
- You can argue about the taste of dishes cooked with the help of an oven or a microwave, but in terms of harm to health, both methods are equally harmless.
We conclude our cognitive health test with the following video, which exposes other myths about harmful and useful:See also: Test: Can you determine what these things are under the microscope?