Unusual dessert without baking: preparing the cake “Broken Glass”
Desserts without baking are becoming more and more popular - not everyone can and want to mess with the oven and dough, but still want to try something tasty and sweet. In this article, we decided to tell our readers how to cook a “Broken Glass” cake - a cake that is quite popular in many countries without baking. A detailed recipe and step by step photos are waiting for you further!
Step by step recipe cake "Broken glass" with photo
Cake "Broken glass" consists of two layers: a crust and a filler. To make a crust, we need the following ingredients:
- Cookies - 300 g;
- granulated sugar - 150 g;
- butter - 50-60 g
Cookies can take any that you like: in this recipe, unsweetened cracker was used, but also “Broken Glass” cake is often made with “Baked Milk” cookies - so it will be more nutritious.
For the filler ingredients need a little more - write:
- 400 g fat whipped cream (35%);
- 250 ml of anansovogo juice;
- 60 ml of cold drinking water;
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract;
- 1 tsp gelatin;
- 600-700 g jelly cubes.
In many recipes, cream is replaced with fat sour cream, vanillin extract - with vanillin powder, and the juice is not added at all, or replaced with condensed milk - choose according to your own taste and dietary preferences. The amount of jelly is already shown in finished form, cut into cubes, but it should be multi-colored, so buy a few bags of jelly of different colors. We have 6 tastes in the recipe.
How to make a cake "Broken Glass"
We start the creation of the “Broken Glass” cake with the preparation of jelly. We will not follow the instructions on the package, because we want to get a more dense jelly. So:
- Pour the contents of a bag of jelly (we have 85 g) in a bowl and pour it with boiling water. Stir until gel powder is completely dissolved.
- We do the same with every bag of jelly.
- Then we put the jelly in the fridge until it freezes - it can take 4-5 hours, but it is better to take longer.You can even make jelly the day before making the Broken Glass cake, leaving it to freeze overnight.
Now we make the crunchy part of the cake:
- Using a blender, chop the cookies so that it turns into small chips.
- Melt the butter.
- Add sugar and ghee in a bowl with crumb. Stir well until a homogeneous mass is formed, so that the sugar dissolves and the oil is absorbed into the crumb.
- Put the resulting mass in the form for the cake. It is most convenient to use a silicone form (in the photo - a silicone form with a glass bottom), but you can use another form. The main thing is to first lay out the bottom with cling film so that in the final the “Broken Glass” cake can be easily removed from the mold.
- Level the baby on the bottom of the form. You can leave everything as it is to make a cake without baking, but if you want a more crisp, then put the form in the oven, heated 180 degrees, for 10-13 minutes.
How to prepare a filler for the broken glass cake:
- We take a bowl and pour pineapple juice into it.
- We sprinkle gelatin from the bag evenly over the surface of the juice and, without stirring, let it be saturated with liquid for 30-60 seconds.
- Heat the liquid in the microwave or on the stove to a boil, and then stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved and remove from the heat.
- Pour in cold water, mix again, and allow the liquid to cool to room temperature.
- Place the cream or sour cream in a mixer with a whisk head, pour in the vanilla extract and beat until the mass is high and dense. Then add to it a pineapple-gelatin mixture and beat again until the mass becomes homogeneous.
- We shift the creamy mass in a large bowl. We take out jelly from the refrigerator and cut it into cubes or pieces of different shapes.
- Pour cubes into a bowl of cream, but do not mix, so that the jelly does not break, but shake the bowl so that the pieces are gently mixed with the cream mixture.
- Carefully pour the resulting filler into a shape with a crisp crust and gently level with a spatula.
- Put the cake in the fridge so that it finally froze - for 6-8 hours or overnight.
Cake "Broken glass" is ready! It is best to use it in the next 2-3 days, not later.
The cake can be easily removed from the silicone mold, but it should be removed from the usual form by pulling on the cling film.If the film is torn, or you have forgotten to lay it, then slightly hold the cake over the water bath, or lower the bowl with the cake into another bowl with hot water - but be careful, it can melt.
Here are other options for how the Broken Glass Cake can look beautiful - just a pretty sight:
And another way to make a cake without the bottom layer of the crust, see the video:Related article: Light summer cakes - delicious and simple recipes