Which electric shaver is better - rotary or wire (reviews)
Shaved face smooth or light unshaven? In any version, men are forced to use a machine or an electric shaver. This article describes the types of modern electric shavers and their advantages and disadvantages.
What is an electric shaver
Because of their physiological characteristics, men are forced to shave their face every day. To facilitate everyday care, the inventors developed a device known as an electric shaver. It is a mechanism with blades that runs on batteries. Roughly speaking, this is an automatic machine.
Concerning the effectiveness of using electric shavers, disputes are constantly being conducted. Some men defend traditional machines, while others prefer electric appliances.
To date, electric razors of different types are produced. All of them have advantages and disadvantages.
Electric shaver: mesh vs rotor
Depending on the principle of operation, all electric shavers are divided into:
- Grid - they work on the same principle as a conventional machine. The mesh electric shaver is equipped with movable blades, which cut off the bristles, and a protective mesh. Hairs fall into the net and are immediately cut with rotating blades. This protective mechanism separates sharp blades from the skin surface and thus provides a safe shave. This feature of the design is the main difference between grid shavers and rotary shavers. When choosing a device of this type, you do not have to worry about cuts. In this case, the presence of a net does not affect the quality of shaving. But it is better to choose an electric shaver, in which the grid is the thinnest.
- Rotary, or rotational, - are considered an ideal option for men whose bristles grow unevenly. The rotary electric shaver is equipped with round blades located on movable heads. During operation, the heads rotate constantly, cutting off the bristles that have grown. But some manufacturers produce electric shavers with a fixed head. Typically, the machines have 2-3 floating heads, which accurately repeat the contours of the face.
Each species has its own characteristics, which not everyone likes. Therefore, men must decide for themselves which shaver is better - rotary or wire. User feedback can serve as an informational basis when choosing.
Net razor types
Electric shavers of the grid type are of several types. Thus, the device may have a different number of shaving blocks. In addition, the electric shaver can be equipped with a trimmer, which allows you to shave off longer hair. The features and design features should be specified at the time of purchase.
In addition, grid electric shavers come with fixed and floating heads. According to experts, devices with rotating heads are more convenient and practical. So, during shaving, they adjust to the contours of the face and thus provide a better shave.
Varieties of rotary razors
Electric shavers of this type can have one, two or three shaving blocks, similar to the grid. In the latter version, the blocks are arranged in the form of a triangle and are at a slight angle. Such an electric shaver provides the best quality shaving, since each block is well attached to the skin during shaving.
Basically, all razors of the rotary type are equipped with an additional nozzle - a trimmer, which is easily pulled out by pressing a special lever.
Deciding which razor is better, mesh or rotary, will help review the advantages and disadvantages of each type.
Advantages and disadvantages of a grid electric shaver
Mesh razors are ideal for men with sensitive skin. Particularly delicate shaving is provided by electric razors, the grids of which are covered with a thin layer of platinum. With regard to drawbacks, this type of device does not provide the ideal care.
Which razor is better - mesh or rotary? Every man should define it himself. The best option would be to try each of them to choose the most suitable device.
Pros and cons of a rotary electric shaver
Modern electric shavers of the rotor type basically have a double blade. It provides high quality shaving. So, the first blade serves to lift the hair, and the second cuts it at a special angle.
This design feature allows you to cope with unevenly growing bristles, which can have a different direction. This feature should be taken into account first of all, when it is necessary to make a choice: a rotary or a grid electric shaver? Which one to choose? The answer to this question should be sought based on effectiveness. So, when using a rotary razor, the facial skin becomes perfectly smooth. Especially effective is a razor, in which the plates of the shaving unit have holes for a short bristle.
Such a characteristic of the instruments has a significant effect on the choice of electric razor. Rotary or grid - in each case, one must take into account individual characteristics. No single expert can give an unequivocal advice.
How to choose an electric razor
When choosing an electric shaver, it is recommended to pay attention to the following parameters:
- The number of heads in which the blades are located - the more of them, the better the shave. But we must bear in mind that the cost of the device depends on the number of heads.
- Shaving head mobility - a device with a floating head fits better to the skin and ensures a comfortable and efficient shave.
- The presence of the function of wet shaving - it is not necessary, but there are men who prefer to shave with foam. On the market there are many models of electric razors, which have such a function. In addition, wet shaving does not cause skin irritation. This function can have any device, regardless of whether the rotary or grid electric shaver. What to choose - it is necessary to be solved taking into account the peculiarities of growth of bristles. If the skin is tender, but the hair grows unevenly, the ideal solution will be a washable rotary electric shaver.
- The presence of a trimmer - for men with a mustache and beard this device is simply necessary. It makes it possible to trim the sideburns and trim the overgrown mustache and beard. When choosing an electric shaver, you need to ask about the type of trimmer. So, it can be built-in or retractable. The first type of device is mainly used in a wire shaver and is located between two shaving nets. Retractable trimmer is a separate blade.
- Power type - when selecting electric shavers, it is very important to clarify how the device works: from the mains or from the battery. More convenient is the razor on the battery. First, it is mobile in use. And secondly, it can be taken on the road. When choosing a battery shaver, it is important to choose a device with a high charging speed and long use.
- The presence of a cleaning system and the possibility of manual configuration. More convenient to use an electric razor, which can be adjusted to suit your needs.
Among the world famous manufacturers of electric shavers, the most popular are Philips devices. This manufacturer has been manufacturing electric shavers for several decades. Great experience and continuous improvement made the Philips brand the most popular on the world market.
Philips takes into account all the wishes and requirements of customers and produces electric shavers of various modifications. A large selection attracts demanding men who want to purchase the most convenient device.
In comparison with the analogues of other brands, Philips razors have excellent performance characteristics, are characterized by high quality and comfort of use. Each model was carefully designed by the best specialists. Therefore, the products of this brand around the world consider the most modern and high-quality.
To assess the product on the official website of the company there is an opportunity to leave a review about Philips electric shaver. Rotary or wire mesh, electric or cordless machine - any product of this brand is very popular.
As for the reviews themselves, users rather highly appreciate the quality of shavers Philips. The owners of the devices noted the effectiveness of shaving, user-friendly design and functionality.
Many users before buying long determined which shaver is better - rotary or wire. The feedback of the owners of these devices helped to make a choice. But it is better to be guided not only by the opinion of users, but also by personal preferences.
Before buying a shaver it is recommended to study all existing models of different manufacturers well. It is very important to assess the capabilities and characteristics of each species. No less valuable information that allows you to determine which shaver is best - rotary or wire, - customer feedback. Comparing the description of sellers with the opinions of users, you can designate the most suitable model for yourself.
Reviews for electric razors are very different. Some men argue that such devices are completely unprofitable and require costs comparable to the cost of new high-quality shaving machines. So, all electric shavers require periodic replacement of heads, the set of which, as a rule, is not cheap. And we must take into account that more expensive models require more expenses. Other men have been using electric shavers for years and consider it to be the best tool for everyday care. Mostly men buy this device because of their ease of use and safety. The electric shaver gently cuts the bristles and does not come into contact with the skin.
What kind of electric shaver is better: rotary or net, the reviews are mixed. Most buyers choose a net type razor.